- Alfalfa sprouts are best grown in a glass jar. Place seeds in jar, and cover the mouth of the jar with cheesecloth or other porous material, and secure with a rubber band.
- Fill the jar ½ full with lukewarm water and soak overnight. In the morning, drain off water. The cloth will keep the seeds in the jar.
- Rinse seeds with lukewarm water again and let drain.
- Put the container on its side in a dark location that stays about 60–70°F.
- At least twice each day, rinse with lukewarm water and drain. Continue rinse cycle until harvest.
Microgreens, sprouts and grasses are increasingly popular as they are easy to grow, easy to harvest, easy to prepare, delicious to eat, and highly nutritious.